Kokomo Kennel Club serves a variety of functions in their communities, and has something to offer all owners of AKC purebred dogs.
President James J Hupp Email:
Vice President Jeff Griswold Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer Andrea Elledge Email: email@example.com
Secretary Julie Howard Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director Kim Simcox Email: Kim_Simcox@yahoo.com
Director Megan Adkins Email: email@example.com
CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS 0F THE KOKOMO KENNEL CLUB, INC. (click to open)
The Kokomo Kennel Club has a high level of community involvement. Some such involvement and projects have included
- Donating a highly trained canine officer to the Howard County Sheriff's department
- Sponsor an on-going scholarship for Purdue veterinary students from Howard County
- Annual donation to Leader Dogs For The Blind (click)
- Providing improvements with the Lions Club to the Howard County Fairgrounds and Buildings for the improvement of the show site.
- Provide bullet-proof vests for the police dogs as well as special training equipment for the Howard County K9 Corps.
We also supported a local dog/cat rescue organization in 2003; it's called Cause For Paws and is based in Logansport, Indiana. They rescue, evaluate, treat and place abandoned animals in need of loving homes. The Kokomo Kennel Club rents a tent at the annual Howard County Fair to educate the public on the subject of responsible dog ownership. Members exhibit various breeds to the public, engage in public education of how to choose a reputable breeder and including distribution of AKC materials, Breeder referral and AKC Breed video tapes. There are also featured obedience demonstrations by the Mississinewa Valley Obedience club and an agility demonstration by the Howard County 4-H club. The highlight of the week is the Howard County K-9 drug and bomb dog demonstration.